Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Upcycled" Portrait finished... and more


I have been working hard on several paintings lately... too many at once I think =). I have a couple waiting on my dear sweet hubby to build frames for, so they will look all pretty.
BUT, I did manage to finally get photos taken of the "upcycled" project that I was working on. She came out quite beautiful, I think.



My talented hubby made the frame out of scrap wood leftover from a project that he was working on, he makes beautiful Primitive birdhouses and furniture. One day I will be a good wifey and share some photos of his work too =).

I used several layers of paint and crackle on the background, along with stamping with my new favorite tools.... bubblewrap and bottle covers for circles. Then I layered on some collage elements from scrapbook papers and some printed vintage sheet music.



I recently picked up Kelly Rae Roberts' book "Taking Flight". WONDERFUL!!!! I can't put it down! It is both informative and inspiring!!! I decided to give some of her techniques a try and this is what I came up with the first time around. I have a few more that I am finishing up using many of the same ideas.




I am really having a hard time figuring out where to list my paintings! I might try these out on ebay and see what happens. Selling paintings is still very new to me. Still testing the waters a bit =).


4 comments:

Diane said...

Andra, you have such creative gift--both of these show it--I love them! And I love the Kelly Rae book too.

Doreen Frost said...

Beautiful!!! I really love both paintings. I've been wanting to purchase Kelly Rae's book...she's lovely.

Doreen

Dena E's Blog said...

Hey Andra,,,I have an award for you at my blog...Hope it makes you smile!!!
hugs Dena

Susan Walker said...

Your mixed media and upcycled art pieces are lovely! I love them both! blessings....Susan