Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Busy Life

Hello to all my dear friends!

I am sorry that it has been so long since I have posted in here. Life has gotten a bit crazy. We have settled into our new home, and are working still to make it our own. I will be posting photos soon. I am finally able to paint and decorate to my own taste, which has been wonderful. Here is a photo of the amazing view from my front window. This is my mother in law's shop..... just makes you drool doesn't it??


This summer has held many changes that will lead to wonderful things in the future. I have decided to go back to school. Right now I am in a college prep program to get myself ready, and brush up on some skills that have gone to the way side over the past several years.... mainly math! My goal is to start at a local community college in January to get my associates degree in graphic design and website development. I am so very excited about taking this step. This will combine my love of art, and computer skills. Not to mention I will be able to work from home and be with my kiddos. I will not stop making primitives tho! I have been doing a bit of primming since the move, but everything has gone into the shop. The fall open house is just around the corner, so I have been trying to fit in some primming time to get some things ready for that.
I have also worked very hard to create my first Izzannah Walker style doll, and I am so pleased with how she came out. I will be posting photos of her next week, along with some photos of the process that went into making her.
Until then.............
Ahhhhh, it has felt so good to blog again!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad to see you blogging again, I know you've really been busy....glad to hear about school...wish when I was getting my associates degree they had computer classes...that lets you know how old I am, huh? go for it, girl! Can hardly wait to see your new prim items and your doll...

Farmhouse Blessings said...

So nice to have you back blogging again, Andra. Yes, your view is very desirable. (sigh)

Can hardly wait to see more of your lovely prims? I'd love to see a peek of the Fall Grand opening as well!

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I'm so excited to see you blogging, Andra! I know it's hard with all that's on you right now. But go for it! You won't be sorry! And please post your new things as soon as they are ready! I'll be checking back!

Cora

*Linda Pinda* said...

Hi Sweet Andra!!!
So good to get an update. As one of your pals who has had the blessing of visiting you and shopping in your mother-in-laws shop, may I just say........ I am JEALOUS!!! LOL! My hubby would make me move, because every time I sold a thing online, I'd be running across the yard to that shop!!! It is truly amazing and one of the best prim places I have ever visited.

You are doing such a wonderful job making your house a home too. It's not easy with the kids and all the other challenges, but you are such a special lady and you are doing great.

I'm so happy for you that you are doing well in school and enjoying it. And I'm so happy you are still primming!!! You are one of those artists who doesn't appreciate just how talented you are. You've got "it" and I just LOVE your work!!! Can't wait to see your new doll!!!!!!!

Hugs... *Linda*

Unknown said...

Hi there, juggling school with life is difficult, I cant wait to see more of your talented artwork
April